The 2023 New York City Marathon Liver Life Challenge Team is currently full. If you are interested in being placed on the waitlist for 2024, please contact Sarah Morovich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s more than a race, it’s moments that will challenge, inspire and change you! From the moment you become part of our team to the moment you cross the finish line, the Liver Life Challenge provides an unforgettable experience. You’ll achieve your own fitness goals, while fundraising to create a better future for the estimated 100 million Americans affected by liver disease.
The American Liver Foundation is an Official Charity Partner with the TCS New York City Marathon and has a limited number of guaranteed entries available for the 2023 race.Top consideration will be given to applicants who are highly motivated to raise important funds to support the ALF mission with a minimum commitment of $4,000. This minimum is a requirement that every runner is personally responsible for without exception.
Benefits to joining the team
- Guaranteed race entry and the exhilaration of crossing the finish line knowing you’ve helped the American Liver Foundation in the fight against liver disease.
- Fundraising Coaches: Our dedicated staff has helped hundreds of people and is here to help you reach your fundraising goal.
- Team Gear: All runners will receive an American Liver Foundation branded singlet.
- Team Brunch: To meet and bond with your Liver Life Challenge teammates in person before the big day.
- Training: Whether you’re an experienced runner or have never walked a mile, our training program will help you cross the finish line.
Meet the 2023 New York City Marathon Liver Life Challenge Chair, Sara Kate Gillingham. On February 14, 2017, Sara Kate gave 60% of her liver to her friend who needed a life-saving liver transplant. Learn more about why this challenge means so much to her.
Accept the Challenge
The Liver Life Challenge has teams in iconic races across the country such as the Bank of America Chicago Marathon, Boston Marathon and TCS New York City Marathon
Meet our 2023 National LIVEr Champion
On March 2, 2018, our family learned the phrase “biliary atresia”. It was the beginning of our education, and the teacher was our 2 month old daughter, Jackie.